3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 9:39 AM by cachilli

Does Velocity support function keys?

Rookie

Hello,

I'm doing an initial implementation and have had issues with the function keys not working with the industrial browser.  I'm using SAP ITS mobile and my test RF is a 'PSION Teklogix Workabout Pro3'.

Are the function key issue's that are prevalent in the industrial browser resolved in the Velocity browser?

Thanks for your help...

• 1. Re: Does Velocity support function keys?
          cachilli SupportEmployee

Hello,

I am not aware of any issues regarding the Function keys in WIB.. Can you elaborate a bit more on that topic.. Also the Velocity should support those function keys.

• 2. Re: Does Velocity support function keys?
            Rookie

Hi Cachilli,

I'm experiencing an issue where some of the function keys are not working. For example, the F4 key does nothing when it should take the user back a screen.  The F4 button created on the RF display (touchscreen) works, taking the user back a screen.

My colleague in Germany experienced the same issue with their implementation (using Datalogic).  To resolve the issue in Germany they are using an old version of the TelnetCE (v7.2.42) as all newer releases have had the problem with the function keys.

• 3. Re: Does Velocity support function keys?
              cachilli SupportEmployee

Interesting find.. Thank you for the information.. You should contact our support so we can get this reproduced in house and a ticket in to resolve these issues in WIB.

Velocity should work for you though.. if you experience any issues please do not hesitate to contact support..