4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 9:02 AM by MrGadget

Vpro on a Windows 7 64bit computer

MrGadget Expert

Running 9.5 SP2

I upgraded my laptop with windows 7 64bit and Vpro options don't work, reboot,  power on, etc.

Anyone have vpro on a 64bit computer and are the options working for you?

Also I can https://computername:16993 into the computer.

• 1. Re: Vpro on a Windows 7 64bit computer
          Alex.Richardson SSMMVPGroup

First I would check that your vPro password is saving as there is a known bug if you installed LDMS to another drive other than C

Issue: Vpro Password Not Saving

• 2. Re: Vpro on a Windows 7 64bit computer
            MrGadget Expert

Checked that and it is still there.

• 3. Re: Vpro on a Windows 7 64bit computer
              Alex.Richardson SSMMVPGroup

If you can connect to the AMT engine on the PC through a browser with the same password you have entered in LANDesk then you should be ok so you are very close.

The right click functionality in the console is triggered by the inventory showing the right values from an inventory scan. I would force a full inventory scan and try again.

• 4. Re: Vpro on a Windows 7 64bit computer
                MrGadget Expert

Running Landesk 9.5 SP2

After exhaustive troubleshooting I found that on my 64bit that while Landesk was trying to Provision it ran SCSdiscovery but never AMTConfig like it does on 32bit computers.

This process caused a 2 to be set in Inventory under AMT Information/Provisioned.  Even though all Vpro menu items were not grayed out I could not get status, reboot , ertc..

I then manually on the computer in a dos window ran AMTConfig.exe and SCSdiscovery. This caused the Provisioning Process to start again but this time the Inventory under AMT Information/Provisioned went to a 1. However Vpro menu items still did not work.

In the AMTProvMgr2.log on the core it showed this computer as Provisioned successfully but in the AMTConfigDll.WebService.log It keept failing, ReadOobcrediantials.

I then went into the datababase and checked Obocrediantials Table for my computer. It was listed correctly under Hostname but had the wrong IP address.

So I ran a Query to delete that row. Rechecked to make sure that row was gone.(It was). Then ran AMTConfig.exe and SCSdiscovery from a dos prompt on the computer.

Outcome was it showed Provisioned in the AMTProvMgr2.log and no failures in the AmtConfigDll.Webservice.log. I checked the OobCredentials Table and a correct information was there for this computer (Hostname and IP)

Now Status, Reboot ant everything works.

One Note, Before deleteing anything in your database BACK IT UP FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!