5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 7:59 AM by thompowell

Custom Script Failing Since Upgrade to 9.6

thompowell Rookie

Had a custom script that ran without issue on 9.5 sp1, updated to 9.6 and now Fails.

The scheduled Task results are:

Result:An invalid parameter was passed

Return Code:16408

The script is simple, it copies files and overwrites existing.

Contents:

[JOBPARAM]

STEPS=1

[MACHINES]

REMEXEC0=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_ACW-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_ACW-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC1=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_CDS-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_CDS-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC2=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_CDL-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_CDL-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC3=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_CDG-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_CDG-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC4=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_DDD-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_DDD-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC5=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_DDL-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_DDL-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC6=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_FLL-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_FLL-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC7=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_IRL-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_IRL-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

REMEXEC8=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="\\LDESK\ldlogon\Packages\XUpdate\PIN\PIN_LOL-TXT.exe" /dest="C:\XUpdate\PIN_LOL-TXT.exe" /lan=90 /wan=60

Please help and thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Custom Script Failing Since Upgrade to 9.6
          Tanner Lindsay SupportEmployee

In LDMS 9.6, we have substantially reduced the number of Custom Scripts being used in the product. There were also a number of changes made to sdclient. It looks like you are just trying to put some files in locations. I would recommend perhaps a SWD package - maybe a batch file that can copy the files from the SDMCache to the correct destination? I suspect there is something amiss with the sdclient command line. You might be able to determine more by manually running the command, however you might run into this again another time. Using a SWD package (or even a Custom Definition for the brave) should protect you from having to keep up with any changes that are made in various areas of LANDESK.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Custom Script Failing Since Upgrade to 9.6
            thompowell Rookie

In LDMS 9.6, I was told by support, command line downloading should be passed to PEDownloader.exe.  I updated my script and replaced some switches.  I think SDClient.exe has had some of its functionality removed.

PEDownloader.exe fixed my issue.

• 3. Re: Custom Script Failing Since Upgrade to 9.6
              jaysmith SupportEmployee

While it's great that PEDownloader.exe allowed  your solution to succeed, it is important to note that pedownloader.exe is primarily a troubleshooting tool and isn't designed for this purpose.  If you were to have trouble with it in the future, it's unlikely that LANDesk Support would be able to assist.  To make the job you're running as 'future proof' as possible, I second Tanner Lindsay's recommendation about completing the same tasks with a batch script or similar and executing it as a software distribution action.  This would be fully supported by LANDesk. 

• 4. Re: Custom Script Failing Since Upgrade to 9.6
                sanketnikhar Rookie

Hello,

I am new to LANDesk.

can you please tell me if there is any solution article clearly documented to implement this script? I dont find any file transfer script in my landesk 9.6 SP2.
                And i have one deployment in progress across the organization using batch file for which many machines are failing with return code 16408 "an invalid paramater was passed.

• 5. Re: Custom Script Failing Since Upgrade to 9.6
                  thompowell Rookie

Not knowing what your batch file is attempting to do I am not sure if I have a direction to point you.  As far as using the PEDownloader.exe, it is well documented from the command line.

Simply go to your client folder and type pedownloader.exe and your shell will show options, switches, and examples.  Hope this helps.