A big problem ~
On July 23, 2008 this case (i.e., Case Number 00128043) was opened to address a reporting issue in our LANDesk Management Suite 8.8 installation. On August 26, 2008 a 'Pre-Service Release' (i.e., ClearQuest Number: CR14483) beta patch (i.e., Setup.cfg ~ LANDesk Software 8.8, Beta update) was provided which was applied and tested in our test environment and the reporting issue was corrected. As the patch clearly stated 'Beta update' we were not comfortable applying this to our production environment. On August 29, 2008 we updated Case Number 00128034 indicating that the beta patch did work. On October 22, 2008 we updated Case Number 00128043 again noting that the beta patch did work in our test environment. On November 22, 2008 Case Number 00128043 was updated by Darin Andrews, Technical Support Engineer stating that the 'developers have updated the report dll that controls this report and there should be a patch in the next few days.' On December 1, 2008 Darin updated Case Number 00128043 stating that 'There is more testing going into the patch right now. We are still working on producing a version for you to apply in your environment.. On December 10, 2008 Darin updated Case Number 00128043 with 'Waiting on Patch 14483.' On December 22, 2008 Darin closed the case until the patch was ready. 167 days have past since the original case was opened.
A solution ~
With 30+ years of programming and database administration and 167 days of simple frustration I looked at the issue and quickly found that the root of the extra data presented in the Standard Reports Benefit analysis LANDesk value report was that there were multiple rows of identical data in the table ROI. The only difference in the data were the values in the ROI_Idn column (i.e., identity data type).
I made a copy of the ROI table data, deleted the extra rows preserving the row with ROI_Idn = 1 and now the Standard Reports Benefit analysis LANDesk value report displays one set of data as expected. I have not investigated when or how the extra rows are added to the ROI table but am suspecting that they are created during the initial LANDesk Management Suite 8.8 as this has persisted since our original installation.
A hope ~
Hopefully this solution will provide additional information as to what the issue is and how to address it. I also hope that future Cases are addressed in a more timely and efficient manner.
say, I don't suppose you know Perl...