5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 9:26 AM by csteveson

8.8 Software Distribution Portal in IE

Rookie

Version 8.7 had an IE interface for the Software Distribution Portal which our users have become accustomed to (Link - http://localhost:9595/webportal/webportal.exe).  I recently upgraded to version 8.8 and there is no web interface, just an executeable and shortcut under programs.  Is there any way to get the web functionality in the new version?

• 1. Re: 8.8 Software Distribution Portal in IE
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Urm - the 8.8 policy system is essentially a web-page ...

Bear in mind, in 8.8 policies have been re-done completely from the ground up, so changes are to be expected, but the functionality is still the same. The UI changes on the client-end aren't very drastic (I find, but that's personal taste).

There isn't a "webportal" per se anymore in 8.8 - because it's all going through the policy-interface.

If there's some functionality or feature that you feel is missing, please document it up and log it with support as an enhancement request, and we'll see about adding it.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 2. Re: 8.8 Software Distribution Portal in IE
            Rookie

Thank you for the reply, I find that the new interface has all of the same functionality and like it.  We previously added a link in IE with group policy that users have gotten accostomed to using, so I was hoping to get another shortcut to access the 8.8 interface through IE without having to retrain our user base.

• 3. Re: 8.8 Software Distribution Portal in IE
              Apprentice

You might try modifying your shortcut from the http:// page to "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\policy.client.portal.exe".

This way you have the functionality and location for the shortcut.

Jeremiah

• 4. Re: 8.8 Software Distribution Portal in IE
                Rookie

I have a client (Just one mind you!) that when attempting to launch the portal in 8.8, he get's 'Web page can not be displayed'.  From another machine in his office, it works like a champ.  It also works for all my other users.  His machine is able to talk to the core server to do all other tasks...inventory, security scan ,etc....Anyone have any idea what's going on?  (The shortcut points to "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\policy.client.portal.exe")

• 5. Re: 8.8 Software Distribution Portal in IE
                  csteveson Rookie

I am having the same issue with just one client, anyone figure this out yet?

have a client (Just one mind you!) that when attempting to launch the portal in 8.8, he get's 'Web page can not be displayed'.  From another machine in his office, it works like a champ.  It also works for all my other users.  His machine is able to talk to the core server to do all other tasks...inventory, security scan ,etc....Anyone have any idea what's going on?  (The shortcut points to "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\policy.client.portal.exe")