5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 6:54 AM by dsears

Reports to show patching results

Rookie

Hello All, Im a very new convert to LanDesk and struggling to get my head round reporting etc so im hoping you can help. We have recently gone from having zero desktop patching to implementing Landesk Patching which we believe has gone fairly successfully but we need the following reports and are unsure how to go about creating them to prove were making progress

* Devices listed by number of detected definitions

* Devices listed by number of failed definition repairs

* Definitions by most repair failures

* Devices not patched withing 30 days

if we can tie this down to certain Device groups then that would be perfect but its not essential

is anyone able to assist please or atleast confirm if this is possible? our vendor hasnt been able to help so far oh and were running LD 9.5

Thanks in advance

Tony

• 1. Re: Reports to show patching results
          JoeDrwiega SupportEmployee

Here is the 30 day query you can create: Re: Missing patch report

Also here are the queries I use that might help:

This is for Failed PatchesAllPatchesFailed.JPG

This is for Detected Patches:AllPatchesNeeded.JPG

Saw this too to hope help: Report: Patching history by device

• 2. Re: Reports to show patching results
            Apprentice

So the initial attempt to run the detected patches crashed my console (guessing due to number of entries ). I am working on getting something very similar created and will post anything I can come up with.

• 3. Re: Reports to show patching results
              Apprentice

Here's what I have so far. It's SQL not using the built-in query tool.

The below will give you a list of all detected (Detect =1) critical (VULSEVERITY = Critical) patches that haven't been installed (PATCHDETECTED = 0). You can expand this by adding in additional severity levels or removing the requirement to show all detected patches.

SELECT COUNT(A0.DISPLAYNAME) AS "Number of Devices", A1.Title AS "Patch"

FROM

Computer A0 (nolock) LEFT OUTER JOIN CVDetectedV A1 (nolock) ON A0.Computer_Idn = A1.Computer_Idn

WHERE

((A1.DETECTED = N'1' AND A1.PATCHDETECTED = 0) AND A1.VULSEVERITY = N'Critical')

GROUP BY

A1.Title

ORDER BY

A1.Title

This query will let you target base don specific OU's. Same as above with one additional filed in the WHERE clause.

OUINFORMATIONHERE = Your OU. (Canonical name)

SELECT COUNT(A0.DISPLAYNAME) AS "Number of Devices", A1.Title AS "Patch"

FROM

Computer A0 (nolock) LEFT OUTER JOIN CVDetectedV A1 (nolock) ON A0.Computer_Idn = A1.Computer_Idn

WHERE

(A0.COMPUTERLOCATION LIKE N'%OUINFORMATIONHERE%' AND (A1.DETECTED = N'1' AND A1.PATCHDETECTED = 0) AND A1.VULSEVERITY = N'Critical')

GROUP BY

A1.Title

ORDER BY

A1.Title

• 4. Re: Reports to show patching results
                Rookie

Perfect, thanks for this! Was exactly what we needed

• 5. Re: Reports to show patching results
                  Apprentice

Mark as answer please if it's what you were looking for. Glad I could help! :-)