6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 11:13 PM by murali.cherukuri

With 3rd Party Query

sprooney Apprentice

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I want a simple query that only displays the current "With 3rd Party".  The problem I have is that occassionally a ticket will go to one 3rd party and then onto another afterwards.  On trying to collate a report of the workload for 3rd parties I am finding that these tickets are duplicated, once for the 1st With 3rd Party in the collection and then a 2nd time for the 2nd 3rd party.

Any help?

Cheers,

Steve

• 1. Re: With 3rd Party Query
          ITSMMVPGroup

I'd write a query against Incident/With 3rd Party rather than the traditional Incident/Incident as that will produce the collections you see.  If you work with the 3rd party collection directly you will not get this effect,

• 2. Re: With 3rd Party Query
            sprooney Apprentice

Hi DMS,

this doesn't seem to work (I'd had a look at this previously but gave it another go), I still receive two results, one for each "With 3rd Party".  Essentially all I want to see is the current With 3rd Party but as the back from 3rd party action doesn't seem to "close" a With 3rd Party with any sort of flag I'm a bit lost to see how to gain just the current one...

I could swear I'm missing something but not sure what.

Thanks,

Steve

• 3. Re: With 3rd Party Query
              Apprentice

Is it required for only Incident module ???

• 4. Re: With 3rd Party Query
                ITSMMVPGroup

Aha if something has been with 3rd party several times you will see this, like having several notes.

if you want to show just the latest with third party then you will either need to collect that information via a calculation which stashes it away in the process each time that action is used, or use a report in crystal.

• 5. Re: With 3rd Party Query
                  sprooney Apprentice

Hi DMS,

I had a feeling this may be the case but wanted some confirmation - I'm not the best working out calculations as yet so will take some time over the christmas period to see if I can work this one out.

Hi Murali,

Yes only for the Incident module.

Thanks,

Steve

• 6. Re: With 3rd Party Query
                    Apprentice

Hi sprooney,

Hope u got ur problem resolved, as it is the only way to get the latest with 3rd party. You need to write the calculation which pulls the latest with 3rd party.

Thanks,

Murali