4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2008 10:36 PM by lokeshkumarn

How to update Mcafee Antivirus Using Landesk

Apprentice

In the Security and Patch Manager

When i Click the Download Updates Button it shows some of the antivirus updates and security updates that contains Mcafee Anti-Virus Updates

When i download Mcafee Anti-Virus Updates

It as downloaded the Mcafee Virus Scanner Pattern File

I dont what is the use of it.

I have seen what are all affected computers it as shown some computers because it is in the Detected Group.

I made it available to some of the clients

I have seen it has been downloaded to Client Systems

Then how to make use of it and how to update the Mcafee Anti-virus from a specific location

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: How to update Mcafee Antivirus Using Landesk
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Based on what I THINK you're asking, a few things you need to understand.

1 - The LANDesk Core downloads the AV-pattern files to ITSELF, locally. It's treated as a "patch" - pure and simple.

2 - You "fix" it by remediating the vulnerability - much like anything else.

3 - The clients will automatically use the LANDesk software distribution features such as peer download an so on, and the "specific location" is going to be the Core Server to begin with.

If this doesn't answer your question, please spend a bit more time documenting what you're after exactly. I'm not 100% sure this is what you're after, but it's the best I could come up with so far with what I understand from what you've written. If we can understand better, we'll be better equipped to give a better answer.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 2. Re: How to update Mcafee Antivirus Using Landesk
            Apprentice

After downloading the Mcafee Pattern.exe as an security update,i made it available to clients using scan and reapir schedule but that mcafee pattern.exe is not running onthe client PC

Is mcafee pattern.exe contains patch update upto date

Because i need to know what are all update it as done to the  Mcafee anti-virus

What that pattern file exactly contains will pattern.exe will available for upto date

Thanks in advance

Incase if dont provide support for 3rd party anti-virus means say sorry 

• 3. Re: How to update Mcafee Antivirus Using Landesk
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

LANDesk's security suite does support pattern-updates for 3rd party AV-vendors. That's somewhat one of the points of it :).

By "pattern update" I mean "Anti-virus definition files" (i.e. - "the file(s) which enable the AV you use to scan for it's X number of virii").

One problem which I think may be the problem is what version of McAffee you use exactly ... what version are you on?

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 4. Re: How to update Mcafee Antivirus Using Landesk
                Apprentice

I am using Mcafee 8.5 anti-virus

I have downloaded the Mcafee pattern file  version 2.2.0

When i run that Pattern file in my system not in client system

It is showing you are upto date .

Actually what i want is

1.After downloading the Pattern file it is the Detected Group  then i did Security Scan Schedule.

2.After that Pattern file is vanished from the Detected Group

3.I need to know  where that pattern is file getting saved in the client system

4.I dont know whether it is executed are not and if not means how to run that file in the client system

5.Whether it as updated the Definition

6.For that updated dat files or some definition i need take report from the Landesk