First i would have to ask if you could give us some more background on the scenario. What version of LANDesk Service Desk are you using? Can you send a screen capture of what you are doing and trying to accomplish?
I will give this to you though. When you have several Automatic Actions following each other, the time stamps on them act "strangely". Meaning, they do not display in the order they are processed when looking at the audit trail.
If you are going strictly by the audit trail to determine if the Automatic Action fired, then you need to make sure you have auditing enabled for each action.
Hope this helps.
Many apologies for the lack of response. The order wasn't the issue last time and I had sorted it out. Ironically it might be the problem this time. Or my second guess is that the information isn't available to the calculation in the automatic action
Here is the scenario:
1) on a change window use a before save calc on an attribute to create a name for a role - works fine
2) use that attribute to create the name on an automatic action that creates a role - works fine
3) populate a separate Role drop down (1-2-1 relationship from change to Role) with the new role details using a calculation on an automatic action that searches for the role that was just created and returns it (GetObjectbyAttribute calc) - this doesn't work until there is another status\manual action in the process breaking the process up (an making it more cumbersome for the user)
I can get this to work as long as I have statuses and manual actions to separate the automatic actions out but... and here is the catch... I want to do this with as few manual actions as possible
I have added the auditing and the results are the same it seems. Here's the history and I want the create role
Here's the process
I've also tried adding a pause to the calculation so it waits for 10 seconds before executing the next step in the process (that's the "stop for a bit" automatic action) but it still seems to show the same execution times on the history even though the time it takes for that section of the process has increased by 10 seconds! Here's the latest incarnation that works but with too many steps
I've tried populating the Role drop down on the window with a copy rule on the process and pciking out the latest one and that works. Hang on.... might have had another idea....
Create role 1 action, then update the role 1 attribute on change with a auto action copy with a runtime value for the latest created role in the collection then, create role 2 action and do the same for that
Wish me luck....
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I think issue is in the way that Landesk works - all automatic action between statuses are fired more - less simultaneously, so Stop for a bit will not work
My solution for this would be:
in status "Role creation complete" add always true precondition, and automatic action "update notification..."
This way You can split task for two parts, and this should work.
I've now had to add in an extra step for a different team so i could spread out the automatic actions, but I'll definitely try that out. It makes logical sense as that should then split the actions up
I've, not only once, experienced that automatic action did not fire if there are more than one between e.g. two status or an manual action and the next status. What fixed it for me, had been as easy as it was bugging: delete all not working actions, save the process (you might need to connect the working action with the next status), close the console, IISRESET, open the console again and add the actions again.
Just experienced it with 2016.2 and Hotfix 1.
I had tried that. Also tried changing the order but i think that it was because the change that the second action needed hadn't been saved to the database and wasn't accessible.
It was creating a role first and then secondly, putting a person in it so i don't think that the role was available fast enough for the user to be added to it.