2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 8:47 AM by edtombs

Attempt to modify EncryptedPassword attribute of an object of class type System.Password.

edtombs Apprentice

Morning all,

I recently had an analyst return from maternity leave. At some point during her absence her account was soft deleted (I don't know why this would have been done). I have gone into the database and "undeleted" her. I can view her in LanDesk and she has all the correct permissions.

When she tries to login (using Integrated) she gets the following error:

Authorization Failure. User is not authorised to perform Read operation on the System.UserType class type.

I tried to set a password on her account to allow explicit login and I get the following:

Touchpaper.Framework.Common.TouchpaperClientException: Attempt to modify EncryptedPassword attribute of an object of class type System.Password. Deleted objects cannot be modified.

at Touchpaper.Framework.SystemServices.SoapExtensions.CombinedExtension.ClientHandleException(SoapClientMessage message)

at Touchpaper.Framework.SystemServices.SoapExtensions.CombinedExtension.ProcessClientMessageAfterDeserialize(SoapClientMessage message)

at Touchpaper.Framework.SystemServices.SoapExtensions.TpsSoapExtension.ProcessMessage(SoapMessage message)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapMessage.RunExtensions(SoapExtension[] extensions, Boolean throwOnException)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Touchpaper.Framework.SoapClient.Web.SoapClientProxy.Invoke(String action, Object[] arrayParams)

at Touchpaper.ClientClasses.SystemManagement.ProxySystemService.ChangeUserPassword(String userName, String newPassword)

at Touchpaper.Console.SnapIn.PURG.PasswordForm.OK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any ideas? 

Thanks
      Ed