2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 8:01 AM by RussellPalmer

Change the external IP of our Gateway appliance

Rookie

We have a physical Landesk Gateway appliance in server room and due to a change of WAN Provider I need to change the external IP Address of the Gateway Appliance. We are running LANDesk Management Gateway release: 4.2-1.10 and I have changed the IP Address against the Additional Host names to have the name of the Gateway appliance and the new external ip address separated by a spaced and with the ip address on a new line.

How do I push this change out to the clients. Unfortunatly I have inherited the current landesk enviroment from someone who has now left.

• 1. Re: Change the external IP of our Gateway appliance
          Apprentice

Hi ,

Please let us know the version of your LDMS.

For 9.5 SP1 and above

1. In Core , make sure that   "Manage Cloud Services Appliances" configuration settings  has updated with Latest External IP address.
          2. In Core , make sure that the .0 file is updated with latest IP as  the “BrokerIP “
          3. Deploy the  LANDesk Agent settings "Client Connectivity" to all mobile devices.
          4. Deploy "Create Management Gateway Client Certificate" script on all mobile devices.
          5. Check the “brokerconfig”  related files in client device to confirm address change.

Please test the steps in test environment  first.

Regards,

JG

• 2. Re: Change the external IP of our Gateway appliance
            Rookie

Hi Joby,

We are running 9.50.0.530. I will have a look at the steps that you posted as they look really useful.

Regards

Russell