3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 12:00 AM by dmshimself

JIRA & LANDesk Feature Comparison

Apprentice

Hil All

I'm sorry if this inappropriate question, Is there anyone here using JIRA? Can you describe the feature compared with LANDesk Service Desk, beside ITIL Compliance? Advantage of LANDesk Service Desk and especially in the telephony integration. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ahmad Fikri Nurrahman

• 1. Re: JIRA & LANDesk Feature Comparison
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Jira is good at handling issues management for which it was designed.  But I've replaced jira based service desks with LDSD because it was designed for that job

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: JIRA & LANDesk Feature Comparison
            Apprentice

Thank you very much dmshimself for the answer. Is there anything else that you can compare? maybe from the interface or flexibility to integrate.

• 3. Re: JIRA & LANDesk Feature Comparison
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

You would have to build the application in Jira and to match anything like the functionality of ServiceDesk would be a lot of work.  The Jira look and feel is fine, but I'd say LANDESK is better and available across more platforms.  Its the difference between having a framework that you build an application with and have the application already built.  I saw a Jira build ServiceDesk at a couple of trade shows and it would have been OK for simple incident management, but that's about it.

I'd say Jira is fine for an inhouse simple incident only app, but if you want to take service management seriously, you'll need a professionally built application with core functionally built in instead of building it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful