1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 8:23 AM by ndtsuk_dean

LANDesk 9.6 SP1 Provisioning Custom Messages issue

Apprentice

Hi

I have an app incorrectly installed with incorrect options. I have created a provisioning template which uninstalls, then reboots (as it will not reinstall untill rebooted), reinstalls with correct options and updates to latest patch version.

The problem is this is a business critical app used constantly by most users so I need to notify users before running anything with the option for them to defer. I have created the provisioning task which works successfully but when I schedule the task in the delivery methods it only shows options for legacy "Delivery Methods" so I created a new one with options to defer and custom messages etc but nothing happens on client machine the template just runs and completes!?

I create a TEST UI template which simply creates a directory and screenshots below but as mentioned it just runs without any notification to user? What do I need to do for this to work?????

I know in the prov template you can show UI but all this does is pop up with default provisioning screen without any prompt and just runs straight away.

schtask.JPG

sch_delmeth.JPG

del_meth.JPG

• 1. Re: LANDesk 9.6 SP1 Provisioning Custom Messages issue
          Apprentice

OK it does not seem this is possible via what I assumed is the simple way. Provisioning tasks seem to be "PUSH" only run but I don't understand what push methods they use as it did not seem to matter what I changed in the scheduled task.

However once created a provisioning task you can then run Distribution, deploy a "New distribution package" and select "New Provisioning Package" then schedule that and use whatever delivery methods/settings required.

I have also set up within the provisioning task a execute file action which loads a *.hta file and pops up with a message and I have a "Proceed" button which the user has to click and the task will halt until this is done so I have sorted my original problem.