For the Avalanche portion you will need to perform a backup, then install AvalancheSE 5.3 on the new server and restore the backup. Backups and restores can be completed using the task scheduler.
For licensing and the licensing server you will need to contact support for a license exchange and install the client license server on the new machine and enter the new licenses once you have decommissioned the old license server.
One other way I can suggest is to perform the migration is by performing a side by side migration. Steps for that :
1. Install Avalanche 5.3 on Win 2K8 R2 server.
2. If there is only one server available, install the enterprise and device server on the same server (centralised model)
3. Using the old server as a reference recreate the profiles and device groups on the new server. This gives you an opportunity to clean up old profiles and device groups. Any legacy or disabled profiles can be left behind. If a backup and recovery is performed, then all the existing profiles are brought across.
4. Reinstall the packages into the profiles.
5. Licenses need to be reinstated in the new server due to change in node lock. Further instructions are on my blog here (it is written for avalanche 6.0 but same principle)
6. Next the devices need to be migrated from the old server to the new server. Depending on the number of devices you have there are couple of ways to migrate the devices from the old server to the new server.
- Migrate the devices using an Avalanche enabler config package.
- If the agent address in the enabler config file (avacfg.prf) is a DNS address, then a DNS change can be performed to point the devices from the old server to the new server. Be careful though, some packages may reinstall when moving across servers.