2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 5:12 AM by ndtsuk_dean

Problem with executing file in Provisioning task showing in Interactive Services Detection on x64 Machines

Apprentice

I have a provisioning task which copies and runs a *.hta file that displays a message to the user on what is happening and has a proceed button on one and a finish button on another.

The task starts OK and the first HTA files loads up OK. The task waits for the user to click proceed. An uninstall takes place, the PC reboots.

After the reboot the task installs a new version of the software with correct program options. It then runs a second HTA file with a message the process has complete and once the user clicks the Finish button the tasks shuts down and completes OK.

This all works OK on x86 machines but on x64 machines I get the below issue:

interactive_service.JPG

The task I am using is below:

help2.JPG

Can anyone suggest what I need to do to stop the last popup message loading in the interactive service detection??

• 1. Re: Problem with executing file in Provisioning task showing in Interactive Services Detection on x64 Machines
          nick.evans SupportEmployee

Hi ndtsuk_dean,

It sounds like your client machines have the Interactive Services Detection service started.

Disabling the Interactive Services Detection service will prevent the popup. Though I've seen a handful of people do it with no apparent adverse effects, I don't know the full scope of what this service does within Windows, so disabling it is at your own risk.

• Open a run box and type services.msc
          • In the Services window locate Interactive Services Detection, right click and choose Properties.
          • In the Properties window Stop the service and set it to Manual or Disabled
          • If the service starts again when it is set to Manual, try instead setting it to Disabled Interactive Services Detection Popups

3-disabled.png

If this corrects the problem, you could write a batch file to disable the service, or potentially look at if your x64 image had this service enabled when captured. If so, it may warrant recapturing with the service disabled.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with executing file in Provisioning task showing in Interactive Services Detection on x64 Machines
            Apprentice

Hi

Thanks for the response. This is what I believed to be the issue and as you mentioned its unclear on what this will affect if disabled so I have been reluctant to do so. I think I will look at disabling through GPO and start with a handful of machines and see if anyone shouts!