3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2008 9:37 AM by mrspike

Flash player query ?

Rookie

Hi,

Does anyone have a tip to write a query to show Flash Plaver version instaled on my clients ?

Thanks a lot !

Fiprotec

• 1. Re: Flash player query ?
          Apprentice

Try looking for C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe or C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll if you're indexing DLLs as well as executables in your inventory scans.

• 2. Re: Flash player query ?
            mrspike SSMMVPGroup

One of my co-workers just wrote this query today, it shows systems that have flash player vulnerabitlies, which can be handy.

LANDesk in its wisdom does not have its latest flash player dectection (to bring it to v9.0.124) detecting versions older then 8.x, so you have to patch it to v8 then it will detect and then you can patch it again to 9.

That is pretty lame, so we are using SWD to push out 9 straight to those systems and tied to the Flash Player uninstall untility because some of those versions don't always upgrade correctly.

My TAM is looking into the detection issue.

• 3. Re: Flash player query ?
              mrspike SSMMVPGroup

The detection logic for Flash Player has been fixed now, if a system has verison 7.x it will now show vulnerable and needing v9.0.124.0 and not verions 8.x.

Thanks LANDesk!