2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 2:05 PM by Leslie2k

Windows 10 Functionality

Apprentice

I know it is early in the user testing phase for Windows 10 Technical Preview. I was just wondering what LANDesk was doing to prepare for it. With the free upgrade for 1 year, we would like to start upgrading ASAP after release (with a reasonable amount of time for initial bugs to be worked out.) I have LANDesk Management Suite with Security Suite installed on my Windows 10 test PC. I have only done limited testing so far, but it installed perfectly and remote control works perfectly. The only problem I have found so far is that the LANDesk antivirus (Kaspersky 10) does not install at all.

I think there is supposed to be a question in here somewhere... I guess it would be, will LANDesk be 100% for Windows 10 at release or soon after?

• 1. Re: Windows 10 Functionality
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

In general LANDESK has talked about official support for an OS within 90 days of release for primary functionality. While functionality 'may' work in Windows 10 they would need to go through full testing and then generally support is provided in a Service Pack (major changes) or a hot-fix (if more minor changes).

For software like AV this is not under LANDESK's control as Kaspersky have to release their support so that would generally fall outside of this commitment although you can expect Kaspersky to be working hard on getting a release out as soon as they can.

Not an official response by any stretch, but it might be a bit too early to get anything much more concrete than this. LANDESK prove me wrong!

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Windows 10 Functionality
            Leslie2k Apprentice

What MarXtar has said is exactly the official response was for Windows 8 and 8.1 support.  LANDesk is at the mercy of Kaspersky for AV.  I am confused why the Windows 10 upgrade installer says there is a compatibility issue with Kaspersky 10 when it works fine under Windows 8.1.

I am testing Windows 10 on LANDesk 9.5 SP2.

I am also starting to test Windows 10 and so far seems like it will be a great step forward.