5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2008 12:09 PM by AdamPound

Deploying Autodesk software

Apprentice

Does anyone here have a good solution for deploying Autodesk software? (Autocad, Autocad LT, Map 3D, DWGTrueView, DesignReview, RasterDesing)

i've tried loads of things:

compressing their images into a rar or zip is a must imo (just too many and too big files and i have to deploy over 1Mbit lines)  so that limits my options a bit

I tried using the setup.exe & .ini files that are generated when creating images but the problem here is that, once setup is launched from my batch file, it skips to the next line. So then landesk continues with the other packages and fails because there's another install running. I've worked around that by checking the runing processes every few seconds but then i have no error logging (in landesk).

So i used the msi & mst to install the adminimages. Problem here is that the prerequisites that are needed are kind of complex: .nets of all versions, DirectX in differnet shapes and sizes, visual C++ runtime and loads of other stuff thats needed... So until now i've not found a solid way of deploying the packages.

Any of you had more succes?