7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 9:15 AM by PatJ2014

Asus T200 Deployment

PatJ2014 Rookie

Hello,

We are looking at deploying a number of Asus T200 Windows 8.1 tablets in our organization. Has anyone tried to capture an image from one of these? It actually has an Ethernet port. I tried to set it up to boot to the network. It starts to PXE boot but just exits out. Can anyone advise me on what to try next? Thanks.

Patrick

• 1. Re: Asus T200 Deployment
          Sebastien.Felix SupportEmployee

Hi PatJ2014,

First thougth, did you add the Asus T200 Network Card driver into the WinPE image?

Good luck!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Asus T200 Deployment
            jhackett SupportEmployee

PatJ2014,

I have worked with ASUS tablets. First this is a UEFI tablet so you need to create a bare metal and schedule it to a task. It should capture just fine from there.

Here is a great document that should help you.

Getting Started with Provisioning a UEFI Tablet using ImageW

Jared

• 3. Re: Asus T200 Deployment
              PatJ2014 Rookie

Thanks for the answers and for the guide. Is it still considered UEFI if the tablet has a built in Ethernet port instead of having to use an external dongle?

Patrick

• 4. Re: Asus T200 Deployment
                jhackett SupportEmployee

Patrick,

It depends more on if it has a BIOS or UEFI. The Ethernet port doesn't play into determining that. Most newer system are all UEFI. A quick check would be to run a diskpart and see if the partition is GPT if it is, it is most likely UEFI.

Also don't forget to mark posts or answers as correct in the community.

Thanks

Jared

• 5. Re: Asus T200 Deployment
                  PatJ2014 Rookie

Thanks Jared. I did get further. I was able to set up the device as a bare metal server. I tried to push an existing T100 image to it. The provisioning task deleted the partitions and mapped a drive, but it failed at the deploy image step with a 308 error. I guess the images are not compatible. I'll admit that I did not add any drivers to the core for the T200.

I left the device at the provisioning screen with a second command prompt pointing to the logs. Just trying to remember how to map a drive and copy the logs to a new location. I did the net use command and copy *.log to the map drive location and received the copied file success message, but the logs do not show.

I am out of the office today due to weather, but I will check the device again when I get back.

Patrick

• 6. Re: Asus T200 Deployment
                    jhackett SupportEmployee

Patrick,

Net Use (Some Letter): \\YourLocation\YourLocation

copy somelog.log (some letter):\

If the image was sysprepped and the T200 really is using a GPT partition like the T100 it should have worked. Check the logs.

Jared

• 7. Re: Asus T200 Deployment
                      PatJ2014 Rookie

Thanks Jared. I was able to map the drive and get the logs. All of them say "DeployImageHandler_x64.exe", so I am assuming the tablet is 64 bit. I didn't look. I just got the MAC address. The image is from a 32 bit tablet, so I am wondering if that's the reason it failed. I have attached the logs. Thanks.