Any help/thoughts/direction/solutions on the following situation would be greatly appreciated, I have attempted to use the LANDesk Designer guide to work out a solution but am struggling to decide how to create the correct relationships and link the filters/conditions to give the correct output.
I am tasked with creating a series of drop down lists in a WebDesk window that respond to the previous list's selection.
- Create 3 drop down lists.
- list 2 results are dependant on list 1.
- list 3 results are dependant on list 2.
Initially I thought...
- Create 3 business objects (Pay Group, Pay Band, Pay Scale)
- Normalise the items so there aren't any repeats in the lists
- Use a filter/condition to only show the relevant items to the users selection on change of value.
I have seen a few post on here where people have used a one box category style solution. Due to the large number of items being stored in the lists (list 1 approx. 10 items, list 2 approx. 40 items, list 3 60+ items) I feel it would be unsustainable for users to attempt to achieve the outcome in one box.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.