the screen shot on the right is a show tool bar box we created about 8 month ago during training. of course we cant remember how we did this
Yes that behaviour is a bit strange. You have set it correctly, but sometimes it takes a few tries to get it to do it.
Try setting it back to False, close the window, reopen it, set it to True again.
You may also find that when you go back into the window once it has done the Toolbar, the field has moved and you need to move it back to where you want it
you need to create a new string attribute with the length -1 (mandatory) and set the subdata type to HTML.
Then you will get the display option show toolbar.
This does not work with other string attributes that do not have length -1 because you cannot set the HTML subdata type.
but I'm Still a newbie at this. In our current incident window we have a formatting tool bar in a group box.(see mapping above..Module "Process management" If that is the case should this attribute already be there?
But we would like to add another., do I just draw out a multi select list box or a group Box and create an attribute for that box?
Guess a couple more steps would help.
here is a simplae step-by-step guide:
1. Logon to the console and go to Object Designer
2. Navigate to the Incident Management - Incident Object and open it.
3. In the action pane click "Create Attribute", give it a Name, select String as datatype, enter -1 for the lengt, select HTML as sub-data type select HTML and save your work.
4. Now navigate to the Window Manager - Incidnet Management - Incident and open you window where you want to add the new attribute.
5. Create a Group Box on the window and align it with the other group boxes.
6. Now drag and drop your previosly created attribute into the group box, make adjustments to the size of the attribute and set the display options.
Absolutly required for this!
If you do this for the first time, I strongly recommend that you do this within a test environment!
Hope that helps.
Thanks for the step by step details.
We are doing this in our Lab first to test it out.
If you need the attribute available on the main process window on other modules in addition to incident e.g change, problem, request etc... then you should create the new String -1 attribute on the Process business object under the process management module.