3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2015 9:39 AM by Kenyon

Office 2007/2010 failing from Software distribution

Apprentice

Hi,

I am trying to push office 2007/2010 by following the attached document, everything works fine, LDMS server is pushing the office setup to the client PC without an issue also setup.exe also getting started but at the back end nothing is happening, is there is something I am missing, kindly highlight the same.

While going through some of the KB I understand there is .bat file needs to be created, can someone share that file along with steps, this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sayed

• 1. Re: Office 2007/2010 failing from Software distribution
          bcstring SupportEmployee

Sayed,

Generally when a task runs, but then hangs after starting the install it is due to a parameter missing from the install commands, or in the case of Office the answer file that tells the installer how to install and configure Office for use.

If you run the task with the LANDESK settings configured to show "Full package Interface" and "Always Show Progress" you should be able to see where the install is getting to before it hangs and more easily determine which parameter is needed for the install. The end goal should be to make it so that the install requires no interaction to complete once it has been started.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Bryce.

• 2. Re: Office 2007/2010 failing from Software distribution
            Apprentice

Thanks, I tried that but nothing comes in front, setup.exe is continuing running at the backed,

• 3. Re: Office 2007/2010 failing from Software distribution
              Kenyon Expert

I am guessing that your admin file has the UI as hidden. make a copy of your admin file or just change the original one to have at least a basic UI then execute it manually on a machine. You should be able to see if it gets hung up.

You could also turn on logging in the Customization tool and save that setting in the admin file as well.