4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 9:13 AM by jasoncadman

Bank Holidays

jasoncadman Expert

Morning All!

Just mulling over the manual nature of inputting bank holidays in Service Desk and thought that there must be better way. I'm guessing that the international nature of the software means that there isn't the granularity to import country specific bank holidays e.g. England vs. Scotland.

It looks like this kind of thing can help to create a function for bank holidays:

https://mudlthru.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/uk-bank-holidays-in-sql/

Then it's just a case of importing the results into the lc_holiday table making sure that you have the correct calendar specified from the lc_calendar and creating the lc_guid for the holiday entry

Well the logic seems sound anyway

Any thoughts anyone?

Jason

• 1. Re: Bank Holidays
          Jenny.Lardh SupportEmployee

Hi Jason,

I think that this would be a great ER to be able to select which country's bank holiday you would like to have in your calendar. Perhaps this can be an option when you create your calendar?

If not, theoretically you should be able to import your holidays using Data Connections and Data Imports, where you can map to Calendar, Date and Title.

I would prefer this over running a script in the database.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 2. Re: Bank Holidays
            jasoncadman Expert

Hi Jenny

Yeah, I kind  missed the obvious answer there but what would you use as a data source? I had a play with that script an i think that it needs some tweaking first as I couldn't get it to run

I suppose you could manually maintain a spreadsheet which would stop you having to enter the bank hols multiple times, once the Data Imports are set up

• 3. Re: Bank Holidays
              Jenny.Lardh SupportEmployee

Hi Jason,

An excel spread sheet should work perfectly in this scenario.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 4. Re: Bank Holidays
                jasoncadman Expert

Thanks Jenny. I was thinking that someone would have some ideas on automatically generating the bank holiday list as well