4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2015 12:30 PM by jernimr

How do I add a switch to sdclient.exe

Rookie

I need to add the switch /enableloggedoffuserinstall to a custom script, but don't know where the code is located.  How do I add the switch?

• 1. Re: How do I add a switch to sdclient.exe
          Markus.Gonser ITSMMVPGroup

Hi jernimr,

is this what u need?

- SDCLIENT.EXE Command Line Switches

best regards

Markus

• 2. Re: How do I add a switch to sdclient.exe
            Rookie

Thanks, but it is not what I need.

We commonly use LANDesk to create packages that deliver software.  My LANDesk administrator is out and I'm covering for him.  I don't usually do this work anymore.

The task I'm currently working on is executing an .exe to add a certificate on workstations.  Since going to the new version of LANDesk (9.6 SP1) I'm seeing issues trying to run packages at the workstations.  One thing that happens is the task will fail because a user is not logged in (No user has logged onto the system, failed operation return code 140).  I think I may be able to fix that, but don't know where to add the command line switch.  Under Manage Scripts, the new tasks don't appear.

I need to know how to add a command line switch to a task.  Should I open a help ticket?

• 3. Re: How do I add a switch to sdclient.exe
              cri Apprentice

Hi,

You should check the account page and select LocalSystem account if your script doesn't need to be run under current account.

RunAs.png

• 4. Re: How do I add a switch to sdclient.exe
                Rookie

Thanks, but that is what we set by default.  I think I found it though.  It looks like the administrator changed the option for Logged off user options in the Distribution and Patch (Standard push distribution) to Fail installation.  I changed it to Continue installation.  We will have to have a discuss on this when he returns...