3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2008 1:15 AM by MarXtar

Multicast limited to 5 machines at the same time..

Rookie

Hi,

I would like to know how can we unlimited the number of machines, to download a software in multicast ? By default, the soft accept only 5 machines at the same time...

I saw it's possible to change this value but i don't find where i can allow this setting...

Regards,

Wachalski Mikael

• 1. Re: Multicast limited to 5 machines at the same time..
          Rookie

You set it in the delivery method under Network Usage- Multicast Limits - Maximum Number of multicast domain representatives working simultaneously

• 2. Re: Multicast limited to 5 machines at the same time..
            Jason SupportEmployee

The Default of 5 refers to the maximum Number of Multicast Domain Reps working at the same time not clients. There will be one Domain Rep per broadcast domain(usually subnet).

Clients are set to default to 61.

When you 1st open the  delivery method window on the description section you will see a box thats states Number of Devices for simultaneous distribution this fields controls the maximum number of devices that can simultaneously receive the software distribution.

With that being said I have not seen a reason to have more than 61 devices working at the same time all though there might be a few out there. All that means is machines are processed in batches of 61.

• 3. Re: Multicast limited to 5 machines at the same time..
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

To clarify, the 61 refers to the number of machines installing at any one time, all target machines on each subnet will receive the package simultaneously via multicast regardless of the 61 setting. This setting just means that up to 61 will be sent the command to install the package and be monitored for progress.

MarXtar

http://www.marxtar.com - Home of Power State Notifier