4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 1:45 PM by bialae

Several PC 9.6 Agent are not showing in Devices Inventory.

bialae Apprentice

At least on 4 PCs I am experiencing this same problem - They are not in the Inventory of all devices and therefore they do not have all of the Portal Manager Icons. Portal Manager is blank.

Already tried uninstallwinclient.exe /UI /FORCECLEAN /REBOOT and reinstalled agent a number of times and still not showing in inventory.

Also I already increased the Max Scan File Size to 15000000.

hen running Inventory Scan, it will start, and after a few progress bars, it just disappears.

When running Security scan it goes all the way and at the very end it says failed - "Core could not process data"

Please Help.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Several PC 9.6 Agent are not showing in Devices Inventory.
          Kenyon Expert

Do you have a firewall or AV that might be interfering? I am guessing that the machines that are not showing are configured the same way as others that are showing up? Are you running a Sync scan to be sure they are running complete scans? Have you checked in the LDscan or ldcscan\ErrorScan directory?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Several PC 9.6 Agent are not showing in Devices Inventory.
            bialae Apprentice

Hi Kenyon - Thank you for your kind reply. There are no firewall nor AV interfering and yes the machines not showing are newly imaged by our Desktop Support Group and are in many respect, similar if not the same. I did look at the LDscan folder and saw that the ErrorBigScan has 5,959 items, the ErrorScan has 71,717 items, the ErrorTrans has 1 item, and there is an OldTMP files with 55 items. Honestly, I do not know what I must do with these folders other that I see the number of items in them. Do I need to delete all the files to empty them?

• 3. Re: Several PC 9.6 Agent are not showing in Devices Inventory.
              Kenyon Expert

That is a lot of files to be in both the error and big scan folders. You might want to move or delete the files from both of those directories and run a sync scan on one of the devices that are not showing up. With the error directories cleared out you should more easily see the new file. The files are just text file so you can open them and see if you find the device name of one of the troubled machines. 

• 4. Re: Several PC 9.6 Agent are not showing in Devices Inventory.
                bialae Apprentice

Thank you Kenyon - I did not know I can just delete them. I will do it, delete all the contents of the two Error files. I don't want to move them because I have no drive space to put them. I shall do the second part of your instruction about running a Inventory Scan from those PC's that are not registering the Inventory.