3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2015 7:40 AM by LSattan

LDAP import, need to update records NOT in AD

Apprentice

I have an LDAP import from AD updating a couple fields for reporting purposes. I need to find a way to update a field in inventory if the device is not in AD at all, does anyone have any ideas?

• 1. Re: LDAP import, need to update records NOT in AD
          Apprentice

anyone have any ideas how to do this? I have a comparison report that relies on AD information but if the device was removed from AD it retains the AD data that was imported which at that time is false.

• 2. Re: LDAP import, need to update records NOT in AD
            Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

You can always use Map Data or Map List rules in DTS to update certain attributes, Can you give an example of what you would like to accomplish?

Frank

• 3. Re: LDAP import, need to update records NOT in AD
              Apprentice

I have an LDAP import that updates a couple custom attributes with the OU container (this is so if the device hasn't sent an inventory we have the AD data), whether the computer account is enabled or disable, AD description. The scenario I am having trouble with is, if a computer account exist and updates the record in LANDesk then someone deletes instead of disabled the account in AD there is nothing left to update the record in LANDesk, the existing data that was imported previously will stay and it makes it look like that account still exists in AD even though it doesn't. I am trying to find a way to clear out those attribute when they no longer exist in AD. Does that make more sense?