2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 3:13 PM by mercuzio

LDMO 9.6 -AOD Inventory Sync (MobInvUpdate.exe) proxy setting : where you can set proxy authentication login? does it read Browser Proxy setting?

mercuzio Apprentice

Hi All, does anyone know where is possible to set credentials for autenthicate on Proxy Server when Mobility Inventory Sync connect to AOD for downloading smart device Inventory information?

Ther is not a configuration Windows to set proxy info for LDMO, and after many test it seems that LDMO does not use proxy information set in "Core Activation" or "CSA configuration"

Any ideas?

Thanx all for help

R.S

• 1. Re: LDMO 9.6 -AOD Inventory Sync (MobInvUpdate.exe) proxy setting : where you can set proxy authentication login? does it read Browser Proxy setting?
          SupportEmployee

This is a good question and I do not believe that we have any documentation on how to work with Proxys. What seems to not work when using a proxy? Is is just inventory sync that is having problems or does other features not work as well? Also, can you please draw a simple diagram or explanation of your use case so that we can try to come up with some alternatives for you?

Thanks,

Nick

• 2. Re: LDMO 9.6 -AOD Inventory Sync (MobInvUpdate.exe) proxy setting : where you can set proxy authentication login? does it read Browser Proxy setting?
            mercuzio Apprentice

Well, i should make some deeper test to check context menu actions, such as , wipe, lock, etc..; i'll do it soon. Anyway LDMO functionalities are quite limited so inventory sync is the principal.

• LDMS9.6 environment (no SP1) with CSA
            • CSA configured with one eth and public ip on DMZ
            • LDMS CSA configuration works with and without proxy setting
            • Core Activation and Iexplorer need http proxy and domain credentials to work
            • Inventory sync service is active and works regularly, but does not collect inventories from Avalanche site because proxy authentication is requested (as logs say).
            • No changes in all proxy configuration  settings can change this behavior: core activation proxy, IE (system) proxy, LDMS CSA proxy config. I try all combinations without success.
            • So question is spontaneous: is it proxy expected by design on mobility dll or exe? it's strange that LANDESK release a product which needs cloud connection and it does not provide proxy setting tab as they do for Others; th other question is why LANDESK is the only application that have different places where to set proxy (CSA,Activation,Patch Download): is not easier have one place for all?

Now we ask customer to let Core Server to bypass proxy, but is not the right solution, and, let me say, not politically correct ;-)