2 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2015 6:22 PM by Frater0

When deploying a pxe rep it is not copyng the nbi file.. LD 9.6 Sp1

Apprentice

anyone seen this?

• 1. Re: When deploying a pxe rep it is not copyng the nbi file.. LD 9.6 Sp1
          Peter Massa Expert

Hello Frater0,

A few things to check:

1. Did you copy the nbi using OS X finder to smb://core/ldmain/landesk/vboot/Netboot/ or Drive:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\vboot\Netboot on the core?

2. Did you add the "." mime type to the Netboot directory?

3. Did you assign the NBI in the console?

4. Did you lastly re-deploy your PXE rep?

5. Did you try to Netboot a device?  *Note: I found that the NBI did not show up in my Netboot folder on the pxe rep until I tried to use it.

Information:

- The NBI on the pxe rep will be stored at: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\mac\

- Yosemite NBI is not currently functioning in LANDESK.  They are working on fixing this in the next 30 days.

- Mavericks NBI is the currently "working NBI" to use.

- When booting to netboot the Apple logo should appear and the load bar should get stuck about 20-30% in.  At this point you assign the provisioning template in the LANDESK console and start the task.

- 9.6.2 is supposed to contain the ability to boot all the way into a gui environment and select a provisioning template (same as existing Windows PXE booting).  At this time this functionality does not work.

- BKM document: Mac OS X Provisioning Guide

Hope this helps,

Peter

• 2. Re: When deploying a pxe rep it is not copyng the nbi file.. LD 9.6 Sp1
            Apprentice

Peter,

I think I found the issue. You are correct the nbi will get copied during the nbi process. To the pxe rep.

I think the real issue is that the capture cannot happen because the mac is attempting to copy the image to the smb share onthe windows server  and  I noticed in the security logs failed authentication events. I am using my domain credentials to the share and perhaps the mac cannot authenticate via the domain. The preferred server credentials work  when you test them on the core but I dont think they work  when the mac authenticates to the preferd server. Here is the event log in the security  event viewer. I have no idea how to fix this.. Perhaps a local account?

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID: domain\domain login

Account Name:my admin account name

Account Domain: domain name

Logon ID: 0x23c4b6

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID: NULL SID

Account Name: Guest

Account Domain: MILAN

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Account currently disabled.

Sub Status: 0xc0000072

Process Information:

Caller Process ID:  0x27c

Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: MILAN

Source Network Address:    -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi 

Authentication Package:     Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.