Here are some snippets I can think of right off the bat:
- Some tasks take time. Agent updates take quite a while depending on client arch
- You might consider switching to Policy-supported push--let the Agent look for policy updates, too
- Right click the scheduled task, click Properties, and go to Task settings to make changes
- Uncheck Accelerated push using the same method as the previous suggestion--break the operation down to its simplest form before trying to get fancy
- Is the package on a preferred server?
- Distribution > Content replication / Preferred servers
Just some ideas
My LAN Admin found out that in the Schedule task - Task settings -Portal settings - Portal options, un-checking the "Allow users to run as desired (keep in portal after selected)" and then selecting the radio button for "Run automatically (do not display in portal)", fixed the problem.
Thank you Mike Watson for your input I am sure that works. We just needed the "Push" and the "Accelerated push" because the batch we were sending out was to initiate a refresh on one of our Network Zones and we needed it to execute right away.