5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2008 3:31 AM by ahe

LDIScn32.exe

Apprentice

Some of my client machines are getting a comand prompt like window when changing IPaddress. I know that my agent is set to execute an inventory scan when this happens but my concern is that is showing up. Is there something I can do to stop this from showing?

• 1. Re: LDIScn32.exe
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

LDISCN32 doesn't create a dos-box ... nor does MINISCAN.EXE (I've just run it) ...

At best LDISCN32 will bring up a "status GUI" if you use the "/V" switch.

... I think there's something else that's doing this. If you can get this to happen on an IPCONFIG /RELEASE and IPCONFIG /RENEW, you should be able to track (via process explorer or procmon) what's doing this.

You may want to look closely at your locally scheduled tasks which are filtered on IP-address change maybe? It shouldn't be inventory.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 2. Re: LDIScn32.exe
            Apprentice

I tried the release/renew and when I do this it will give me this window. So what can I do to find out what is going on?

• 3. Re: LDIScn32.exe
              tperkes Employee

I would do what phoffmann said. Go to http://sysinternals.com and get their Process Exploer tool. While running Process Explorer: locate localsch.exe process in the tree, then do the ipconfig /release and /renew, you should see what child processes are running under localsch.exe that show you which process may be causing this. Also, if you suspect that Ldiscn32 is causing this, does the DOS box show up when you run the inventory scanner from the start menu?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: LDIScn32.exe
                MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Easiest way is to see what locally scheduled tasks have been configured.

Look at the inventory of the affected client under LANDesk Management - Local Scheduler - Scheduled Tasks.  This lists all of the tasks the scanner has picked up and you will see any that have the IP Address Change filter set to YES.  One of these is likely to be the culprit.

If you don;t see this in your version, then in a DOS box, navigate to the ldclient directory and run localsch.exe /tasks > c:\<path>\tasks.txt. make sure you can write to the path you enter and then open the resulting file in notepad to see what tasks are configured.

MarXtar - http://www.marxtar.com - Home of Power State Notifier

• 5. Re: LDIScn32.exe
                  ahe Expert

Instead of a file tasks.txt you can use this commandline too  :

"%LDMS_LOCAL_DIR:~0,-5%\localsch.exe" /tasks | more

Regards

Axel