3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2015 12:13 PM by dmshimself

help or direction on how to create query for the following information

Rookie

I have been asked by my Manager to create the following reports.  I've never done this on my own before so I am clueless as to where to start.  Are there any "out of the box" reports that would allow me to produce data for the following?

1. Can you edit the Closed Call by Technician report to include a total number of
        tickets closed by all technicians?   The current report does not show
        a total number of tickets closed by all technicians. 
      2. Can you create a report that calculates the percentage of tickets that are closed
        within one hour with prompts for a start and end date?
      3. Can you create a report that calculates the percentage of tickets that are closed
        within one day with prompts for start and end dates?
      4. Can you create a report depicting the average time to resolution for tickets with a
        prompt for start and end dates?
        • 1. Re: help or direction on how to create query for the following information
          Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

So what you could do is the following.

1.  Open the query in question and on the "Grouping" page, drag across Closures/CreatedBy/Title.  If the query is build on the Closure Module, just use CreatedBy/Title.  Once you have that attribute on there check the "Display in groups" and what this will do is group the tickets by the Analyst who created the closure.  It will also give you numbers in there.  You can then use this query in the Web dashboards as pie charts or bar charts if you want.

2.  You would need to use Crystal for this or create an attribute that has a calculation on it to do the math for you.  Then you could use the Criteria page on the query that would be "Closure Date is BETWEEN DATES" and select the Prompt user for value check box.

3.  Same as 2 but just change the criteria to read dates greater than X days.

4.  This may already be an attribute on the "Resolved Tickets" query that is OOTB.

• 2. Re: help or direction on how to create query for the following information
            Rookie

Would it be possible to get some help from Support on this?  Is it possible to pay Support to do this for us? If so, could you get us a quote.

Also, we have never installed Crystal Reports, so we would need direction on how to install this and on which server should it reside?

• 3. Re: help or direction on how to create query for the following information
              ITSMMVPGroup

This community isn't actual support.  I'd recommend you contact your LANDESK account manager or the partner who implemented your system for the type of help you are after.