1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 5:36 AM by Paul Hyman

SCCM 2012 Remote Control

Rookie

Hey Guys,

I've integrated SCCM into our LANDESK ServiceDesk however it's remote control path is incorrect.

SCCM testing.PNG

rc.exe does not exist. rather the remote control program is CmRcViewer.exe

Could you offer advice on what i'm doing wrong? I have pulled my assets and SCCM is working on the dev server but it's not working through the landesk system.

• 1. Re: SCCM 2012 Remote Control
          Paul Hyman Expert

Hi

I have not personally got SCCM setup this is something on my to do list, but to give you some idea of how this is setup in the background and hopefully help you to get this working.

Any changes you make in the DB please make sure this is fully tested and you have a full backup of your DB.

The APPPath and the the exe name will need to be updated.

if you go to Desktop Manager and then to the "Microsoft SCCM" item under the "Management System" pane. You will need the parameters

You need to click on the Parameters "collection"

You will have to put the path of the executable in there (without the exe in)

So a OOTB would be

APPPATH1 = ${ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Configuration Console\AdminUI\Bin

APPPATH2 = ${ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Configuration Console\AdminUI\Bin\i386

The paths I think the sccm uses are something like the the follow which I had to search online for..

s64bitCCMViewerEXE = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\i386\CmRcViewer.exe"

s32bitCCMViewerEXE = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\i386\CmRcViewer.exe"

So as  ${ProgramFiles} should go to the right version of the folder for the 32bit and 64bit of the exe you might be able to  change the paths to.

APPPATH1 = ${ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\i386

APPPATH2 = ${ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\i386

Then you have the executable file name that is stored in a xml string which would need to be change, it is stored in the Application Settings table you will need to get the tps_application_config_guid from the tps_application_config table for the "DESKTOPMANAGEMENT" record,

This is something that would need to be fully tested and you would need to know the full command line for the remote tool.

Thanks

Paul