4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 4:09 AM by bezkarl

Hide Reminder HTML tags

Apprentice

Hi,

When our analyst looks at a reminder/notification from the history of an Incident/Request they see the Body/Details of the reminder/notification window, but as we use HTML tags in our emails the appearance in this window isn't ideal. For example:-

Therefore we are looking to improve this appearance so the analyst can check the content without wading through the tags.

The purpose of the above reminder is Pass to Customer for additional information, where "Additional Information Required" is the info we ask for.

What I have done so far is create a new string attribute under reminder and added to the window which the contains the following calculation, with the intention of hiding the actual Details window and showing this instead:-

Which returns something similar to:-

The only issue is the final value "Additional Information Required" does not work and returns a blank window if not commented out. I wondering if this is due to the WithCustomerCol._Details not being written until the reminder is sent, so the equation cannot obtain the value as the value has not been written to the database at that moment. Is there a way of dynamically obtaining this value and to push into the equation?

Alternatively, is there a simpler way to hide these tags that I am (probably) missing?

Many thanks in advance.

Karl

• 1. Re: Hide Reminder HTML tags
          Stu McNeill Employee

Hi Karl,

The reason your calcualtion stops working is because _WithCustomerCol is a collection and you need to do a bit more work to get the value because you could potentially have lots of entries in the collection.  Chances are you want the most recent one so you just need to use _WithCustomerCol.Latest()._Details.

However a better solution to your original problem might be to enabling your calculation attribute to be HTML by setting its "Subdata type" property.  Then you can just have your calculation copy the Body attribute and the HTML code will be rendered rather than displayed as text.  That way you don't have to worry if you ever decide to change what goes into the reminder body attribute:

import System
          static def GetAttributeValue(Reminder):
               return Reminder.Body

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Hide Reminder HTML tags
            Apprentice

Superb Stu!

I guessed there was an easier way to do it, and the subdata type HTML renders the Body nicely.

The _WithCustomerCol.Latest()._Details also works!

Many thanks,

Karl

• 3. Re: Hide Reminder HTML tags
              Darren.Bradshaw Expert

We have the same problem as Karl where the html were being displayed, I have try your calculation Stu, but where we have a placeholder it is displaying the place rather than the data.

htmltags.png

• 4. Re: Hide Reminder HTML tags
                Apprentice

Hi Darren,

I've very much new to LANDesk, but if you can screenshot your equation I will try and help.

Regards,

Karl