6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 6:47 AM by RobLent

Use the Logon/Logoff Data for a Report

RobLent Apprentice

I m looking at our test upgraded server to LDMS 9.6 SP2 and want to be able to get a report that uses the Logon events in the Clean/Repair History of the Security and Patch Information report.

I think I have found the relevant field in a Query and it seems to pull back what I want but I also need to be able to use a date parameter.

We have been asked if we can provide a daily report of users that have logged on at each of our branches and I was hoping to use this information for that.

Anyone any thoughts?

Rob

• 1. Re: Use the Logon/Logoff Data for a Report
          martin.gannon Expert

Hi RobLent,

If you provide me with what you have so far and a screenshot of what your looking at I will be able to provide you with exactly what your looking for. This will saving me having to guess and being off the mark of what your trying to do.

Thanks

Martin

• 2. Re: Use the Logon/Logoff Data for a Report
            MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Rob, the info available isn't really exposed in standard reports unless Martin has access to something that has already been done.

What you can do though is export it so that you can filter out the stuff you want and produce something in Excel. You could also go directly to the 'PatchHistory' table in SQL and parse the data from there.

There's also our State management plugin that could do this too if you can't/don't want to go down the other paths.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

• 3. Re: Use the Logon/Logoff Data for a Report
              RobLent Apprentice

Martin,

I have this so far:

As we place all our workstations into their own respective OU's I can target this and then create a report on each branch.

What I need to do is somehow limit the query to the last day or even week.

Currently the query brings back all logon events for the workstation in the database.

Hope this makes sense.

• 4. Re: Use the Logon/Logoff Data for a Report
                RobLent Apprentice

So I have a SQL query that can extract the data I want from the database and also just for today but how do I put that into the report designer and target it against the computer location.

Are there any step by step guides on using the report designer advanced feature?

• 5. Re: Use the Logon/Logoff Data for a Report
                  martin.gannon Expert

Hi RobLent,

Brilliant , if you have the SQL query to extract the information then you can use this with the report. The current guide to do this is 500 pages long so to save you time i have created this series of screenshots of what to do :

1. Create a new report under Reporting/Monitoring > Reports , Right click in My reports , Click 'New Reports'

2. In the new report goto the report designer:

3. In the report designer under 'Data Sources' right click on LDMS and click on 'Add Data Set'

4. Enter your query under 'Query' Making sure that you add the 'as' variable for the fields you want to show. (I have used a pre-filled example to help show what I mean further)

5. Add these fields under 'Field' And give them variable names, this will be used in the main report designer window:

6. Accept once you have finished with these changes, to commit them to the report:

7. Create your table by clicking on he down arrow in the toolbox until you see the table option and then drag and drop it into the main area:

9. Give your table headings, as exampled above and then select the variable for the boxes like below, the option you will be shown will be the fields that you created before:

10. Once finished save and test report.

Martin

• 6. Re: Use the Logon/Logoff Data for a Report
                    RobLent Apprentice

Thanks Martin.  Very helpful.

I will give this a try and see how I get on.

Rob