2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 5:52 AM by MrGadget

Provisioning Questions

MrGadget Expert

Landesk 9.5 SP3

I have searched everywhere and cannot find a document explaining Templates thoroughly.

My questions are?

1. In all Public Templates there are no little black arrows showing. In the Public folder we made groups containing Templates and they all show a little black arrow?

2. Many of the Templates in the All public Template folder have duplicates (with some additional dates added on) And Locked has a YES there, what does this mean?

3. What is the proper procedure for copying a basic template made in the All Public templates folder and putting it into my groups in my Public folder, copy and paste or clone and copy to?

• 1. Re: Provisioning Questions
          Spartan Apprentice

Good Day Sir,

1. In all Public Templates there are no little black arrows showing. In the Public folder we made groups containing Templates and they all show a little black arrow?

These symbols indicate that they are shortcuts to templates found in "All public templates"

2. Many of the Templates in the All public Template folder have duplicates (with some additional dates added on) And Locked has a YES there, what does this mean?

A locked template is a copy which has been used in the past; this is done to prevent editing while a job is running and to provide historical information should the template be changed

If you don't need the historical data you can delete them (as long as the job is not running).

3. What is the proper procedure for copying a basic template made in the All Public templates folder and putting it into my groups in my Public folder, copy and paste or clone and copy to?

If you clone the template it will no longer be linked (changes made to one will not be reflected in the other) typically this is not a desired behaviour, unless you are testing or building our a new template.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

-Sylvain

• 2. Re: Provisioning Questions
            MrGadget Expert

Thanks for your reply.