3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 9:30 AM by Andrew Swindells

Declare Major Incident not showing on resolved or closed incidents

Rookie

Hi

I'm in the process of integrating Major Incidents into LANDesk.  We've got the declare Major Incident screen created, however when the Parent Incident is resolved or closed we can no longer see the content of the declare Major Incident screen, the only place it can be found is in the Incident History but it is not accessible.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Fiona

• 1. Re: Declare Major Incident not showing on resolved or closed incidents
          Andrew Swindells SupportEmployee

Hi Fiona,

You can either create a new action in Process Designer with a window associated named something liked "View Major Incident Details". Then create a window and add the attributes you require. Create a window rule so that when the action above is used this window is displayed.

Add the action to the relevant statuses in your process.

Alternatively, you could create a window caculaton based upon a boolean being set to 'True'. Add the major incident attributes to your incident window and then have you calculation display them if the 'show major incident details' boolean is set to true.

• 2. Re: Declare Major Incident not showing on resolved or closed incidents
            Rookie

Hi Andrew

Many thanks for your reply, I'm sitting with my colleague just now looking at this.

When we go into the incident and click on the history panel the Declare\Edit MI history we expect it to pull back the completed MI window, instead it's just taking us back to the Parent Incident with no pop up window like it does with added notes.

When you say create a new action in Process Designer, we have attempted add a new action onto the process, however, we are not able to drag the action onto the Process whilst in modify mode. Could this be a User Rights issue?

Our role profile has Administrator.

Any suggestions, thanks Fiona.

• 3. Re: Declare Major Incident not showing on resolved or closed incidents
              Andrew Swindells SupportEmployee

Hi Fiona,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - it has been one of those crazy weeks!

Could you grap a screenshot of the process and the action you are attempting to add. I am assuming you have deactivated the process before trying to add the action in? (Just in case right click on the process and choose deactivate).

Thanks