5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 12:36 PM by pmitola

Error when downloading files from Preferred Server...

pmitola Apprentice

I keep getting this error "Download failed file not found at source(1)" "Download Error: err=11, " when trying to run a batch to execute some Office patches in a package. There is only like 7 Office patches i want to run on the computer through a batch file. The files are on the Preferred Server and in the same location as my other packages. I'm not sure why its telling me file not found at source?? Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Error when downloading files from Preferred Server...
          bcstring SupportEmployee

pmitola,

There are a few different reasons this could be happening, and I would recommend calling into LANDESK Support so that we can troubleshoot it with you.

Thanks,

Bryce.

• 2. Re: Error when downloading files from Preferred Server...
            MrGadget Expert

Just a thought. If your batch is calling up a http share and the iis permmissions are not set correctly. Or your batch calls up a UNC path that has a space in a folder name and you need to add " " around the line.

• 3. Re: Error when downloading files from Preferred Server...
              pmitola Apprentice

Here is the log file for trying copy Office 2013 icons to Desktop

Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:54:46 Bat file output :

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages\Shortcuts\Office>call "OfficeIcons.bat" 

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages\Shortcuts\Office>copy "\\CoreServer\Packages\Shortcuts\Office\Excel 2013.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Excel 2013.lnk"

Access is denied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages\Shortcuts\Office>copy "\\CoreServer\Packages\Shortcuts\Office\Outlook 2013.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Outlook 2013.lnk"

Access is denied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages\Shortcuts\Office>copy "\\CoreServer\Packages\Shortcuts\Office\Powerpoint 2013.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Powerpoint 2013.lnk"

Access is denied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages\Shortcuts\Office>copy "\\CoreServer\Packages\Shortcuts\Office\Word 2013.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Word 2013.lnk"

Access is denied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages\Shortcuts\Office>"C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\sdistbat.exe" /setbatchstatus=1

Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:54:46 Installation result 8DB50001

Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:54:46 RunPackageInstall: stop on returncode=8db50001 of package=Office 2013 Icons

Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:54:46 processing of package is complete, result -1917517823 (0x8db50001 - code 1)

Any ideas?

• 4. Re: Error when downloading files from Preferred Server...
                MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

A batch file does not understand preferred servers, only LANDESK does. So landesk is successfully getting your batch file and delivering it to the client to be executed. What is within the batch file is trying to get files independently of LANDESK. This bit is running as localsystem.

So either:

1 - Add the .LNK files as additional files for the package and have the batch file pick them up from the local disk location

2 - Try setting the credentials under which the batch file runs so that it uses an account that would have rights to the UNC share.

I prefer the first one because then it will work on/from any preferred server. The second limits the batch file to one server and also means you have to maintain passwords inside package definitions.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

• 5. Re: Error when downloading files from Preferred Server...
                  pmitola Apprentice

Thanks, i used the first option. copy files local and had the batch file copy the shortcuts from the sdmcache\packages folder on the local computer