1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 2:03 AM by Jenny.Lardh

End user approval task

Rookie

I'd like to make an approval task show up for and end user. All of our managers are end users but they need to approve some requests coming from their branches. I'd like to be able to give them a a task in their web interface and not have to bother with training them on how to use the analyst interface. If you can point to me to a guide that walks me through this or provide end to end instructions that would be great. I am very new to service desk and it was sort of dropped in my lap when the last admin left. I'm not even sure what I'm asking is even possible or if I'm using the right terms.

• 1. Re: End user approval task
          Jenny.Lardh SupportEmployee

Hi,

This is a very hard question to answer as it's all about very basic set up.

My suggestion would be to create a process with an approval and reject action. You can then create a query to show every record that will need to be approved and add this to the users dashboard in Web Access. All they would then need to do is log on, load the dashboard, see the list, click on an item, read the information and click approve / reject accordingly.

I would probably suggest that you have a look in our manuals. In particular the Designer guide, which you can find here: LANDESK Service Desk 7.8.2 - Designer Guide

It will take you through the basics of how to create a process. You can even set up the process to automatically email specific users when a record is created, approved or rejected.

If you need more help on setting this up, then I would suggest that you speak to your LANDESK Account Manager who will be able to assign a consultant to design and build this for you as a bespoke work.

All LANDESK manuals can be found here: Documentation (Service Desk) and there is a Designer section on our community with a lot of documents that you can find here: Process Designer

Kind Regards,

Jenny