7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 1:53 PM by apieper

Proxyhost.exe Fault

mystic860 Rookie

Anyone else seeing this Sp2 agent roll out + recent content patch (610)

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          7/7/2015 11:16:39 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Description:

Faulting application name: proxyhost.exe, version: 9.60.0.225, time stamp: 0x54b6bbeb

Faulting module name: proxyhost.exe, version: 9.60.0.225, time stamp: 0x54b6bbeb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000226ea

Faulting process id: 0xaac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0b8c7ebce911f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\proxyhost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\proxyhost.exe

Report Id: 29a37b0b-24bb-11e5-aae0-90b11c6248cb

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-07T15:16:39.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>45086</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>proxyhost.exe</Data>

<Data>9.60.0.225</Data>

<Data>54b6bbeb</Data>

<Data>proxyhost.exe</Data>

<Data>9.60.0.225</Data>

<Data>54b6bbeb</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000226ea</Data>

<Data>aac</Data>

<Data>01d0b8c7ebce911f</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\proxyhost.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\proxyhost.exe</Data>

<Data>29a37b0b-24bb-11e5-aae0-90b11c6248cb</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• 1. Re: Proxyhost.exe Fault
          jsiegrist Apprentice

I'm having users with this application crashing as well.

• 2. Re: Proxyhost.exe Fault
            mystic860 Rookie

For what its worth in all cases (some 1100 in my environment) the agent update process failed to finish.

Rerunning the installer over top fixes the issue.

I was able to determine affected assets by a query using the new diagnostic Data / Application Error inventory item on crashed process proxyhost to identify problem assets. (credit to my TAM Brady for this idea) !

• 3. Re: Proxyhost.exe Fault
              jsiegrist Apprentice

I'll try rerunning wscfg32 and see what happens, thanks for the tip!

• 4. Re: Proxyhost.exe Fault
                mmartinvegue Apprentice

I am also seeing the same error.  I will try re-running the agent installer first and see what happens.

• 5. Re: Proxyhost.exe Fault
                  jtsanchez Rookie

+1 here. Rerunning the agent install however is not resolving the issue for me. Same agent throughout the company (2500 machines) and I have been getting reports from small pockets (maybe 25 total) where the machines will be very slow and/or freeze up requiring a power-cycle. In cases of the machine freezing it happens randomly but always occurs when the machine is left ideal (like where it would have normally locked or if left sitting at the login screen). The solution has been to remove the agent from those machines but that can only be a temporary solution. Anyone have further thoughts? Ive tried running the UninstallWinClient.exe with the forceclean command as well. Running 9.6 SP2 with Data Analytics. Windows 7 x64 environment.

• 6. Re: Proxyhost.exe Fault
                    SupportEmployee

Thanks for the post- we're currently looking in to the cause of this and want to verify this is unique to the component patch. Has anyone been exhibiting the issue in an environment that has not updated to the most recent component patch?

If your issue has not been resolved- please create a case through the support portal or reach out to our support team and we will be happy to assist.

Thank you!

• 7. Re: Proxyhost.exe Fault
                      SupportEmployee

Another customer and I were able to work together on one of these issues that was not resolved by reinstalling the agent and found that updating to the most current patch resolved the issue. Should anyone run in to the issue and find that updating the agent doesn't resolve the issue please reach out to us at support and we will be happy to assist. Thanks again for the post.