3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 8:30 AM by LANDeskWizrd

Is it possible to report/print the complete inventory data available by computer.

Rookie

I would like to have a printable report based on all inventory data retrieved from a PC.

What is the best way to do it ??

• 1. Re: Is it possible to report/print the complete inventory data available by computer.
          martin.gannon Expert

Hi Mikajazzit,

Yes this is possible and very easy using the LDMS console and the built-in reporting component.

You have two ways of doing this. 1 Is to use the standard reports already available to you located here :

Tools > Reporting/Monitoring > Reports

And to get to the reports: Standard Reports > Inventory

The two reports: Hardware Inventory or installed programs may have what you want.

If not I have created some steps to help you accomplish your goal:

1. the first thing we need to do is create a LDMS query with the machine you wish to report on:

-In the network view of LDMS, right click on 'My queries' and click 'New Query....'

--Under the new query window select the device you wish to get the report on, using the attribute 'Device Name' Under : 'Computer' > 'Device Name'

--Now in the bottom part of the query window slect which columns that you wish to report and the order that they show in. Then click save to save query

2. Right click on your newly saved query and click on 'View As Report', to view query as a temporary report to view then or  'New report' to create a permanent report to use later

Thanks

Martin

• 2. Re: Is it possible to report/print the complete inventory data available by computer.
            Rookie

Thanks for reply, but that's not exactly what I am looking for.

I would like to print or save in pdf the complete inventory result of a PC for backup/audit purpose.

The standards report you indicated are incomplete for this scope....and build a new query including all inventory data is too cumbersome.

• 3. Re: Is it possible to report/print the complete inventory data available by computer.
              LANDeskWizrd SSMMVPGroup

If I understand correctly, what you are probably looking at is having he inventory scanner pump out the results of it's scan to a file. In that case you will need to run the ldiscn32.exe, on the client, with a command line to output the results locally. Something like "ldiscn32.exe /L /F /O=<path>". You can then take the results and convert to a pdf, if you want. Take a look a the doc below for additional options.

Inventory Scanner Switches

A different approach, which may be overkill, would be to store all scans sent to the core server. Note: the directory will grow substantially depending on how many clients and how frequently they scan.

How to enable the Store Scans Inventory option on the Core Console