To anyone who can help,
- Development Environment: Contains 4 months of Development
- UAT Environment: Is a copy of Live that does not face users.
- LIVE Environment: Is used on a daily basis by our approx. 17,000 users.
- An upgrade from 7.7.1 to 7.8 has been performed in the last month by our support and implementation team.
- We have attempted to use T2L tool from Development to UAT and failed
- Error message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "fkey$md_query_condition$qa". The conflict occurred in database "LANDESKUAT", table "dbo.md_query_attribute", column 'md_guid'
- LANDesk investigated and found that someone/something had made over 200 changes in our target (LIVE) environment.
At this point we spoke to LANDesk and came up with the following solution
- Create a new environment called Sandpit
- Copy the current Development environment into Sandpit Environment
- Put a copy of Live environment into Development environment
- Perform a T2L around the whole system as the tool should be successful due to all environments being the same.
- Use the design transfer tool to import/export work between the Sandpit environment and the Development environment
- check that the transfer has correctly added Development to the Development environment
- Use T2L to move Development environment to Sandpit Environment for testing
- Once testing is confirmed, use T2L to move Development environment to Live Environment
We have read the design transfer instructions and looked at the forum we are slightly nervous about committing to this process...also having little/no experience in our team with design transfer tool we would really appreciate anyone who has an ideas or experiences like this to share experience..
- Do you have a better suggestion of keep our development work and move it to Live?
- Are there any best practises?
- What is the best order to use the Design transfer tool?
- What issues should we look out for?
- Our we wrong in our suggested solution?
- Will we run into road blocks?