1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 9:34 AM by Matt Dermody

Package Builder - Copy Command

Rookie

I'm working on creating a package to install StartUpCtrl on our devices as one of our facilities uses DataWedge.  Since DataWedge gets wiped out on a cold boot, they recommend using StartupCtrl to make it persistent.  I'm able to get StartUpCtrl to install fine, but the COPY portion of my package does not seem to be working.  I'm sure it's because I have a syntax issue, but I'm not able to figure out what it is.  Package Builder does not give me any errors when I validate the script.  I am running a mix of 9190's and 9090's both running Windows CE 6 and 5, respectively.

[AVALANCHE]

[EXECUTE]

CabFiles=Yes

CabCommand="\Windows\WCELoad.exe"

CabParams=/silent "@"

CabParams = /noaskdest /noui "@"

Reboot=Yes

RebootType=Warm

[COPY]

"/TempInstall.PRF/TempInstall.GRP/StartupCtrlV1.PKG\APPS\StartupCtrlV1\OnRestore_DataWedge.txt"="\Application\StartupCtl\OnRestore\OnRestore_DataWedge.txt"

Overwrite=Yes

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: Package Builder - Copy Command
          Matt Dermody SSMMVPGroup

I'm pretty sure that StartUpCtrl should be installed by default in the base firmware of Motorola/Zebra/Symbol devices. Why are you having to reinstall it?

To make DataWedge Cold Boot persistent you can just store all of the relative installer files for DataWedge in the \Application directory and then have a copy file in the same directory that will be used to copy all of the files into the appropriate destination on cold boot. StartUpCtrl should automatically process any CPY files in the Application directory when you Coldboot the device.