4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 7:51 AM by mfontaine

You cannot change localised attributes, because you are not using the default language

Apprentice

Hello all,

I have a strange problem since last update (7.8.2). I went back working on my knowledge management, but now when an analyst trying to change some attributes (drop down menu, such as category, group) and save, I got this error message:

"You cannot change localised attributes, because you are not using the default language. Logon as a user with the default language as their culture and try again"

All analysts (must say all users also) use fr-FR as culture language. If I logged as SA who is default US-UK, I don't get the error message. I got this document about this problem:

When performing design work you receive an error message "You cannot change localised attributes, because you are not using the default language"

All solutions are not viable for me:

Solution 1 : I need all my analyst be able to modify dropdown menu

Solution 2-3: I use Localized Text at many places, I can't change the language for all my analysts

So I'm wordering if anyone have other workarounds? First, why I got this problem since the last patch? Everything was working fine before it. I know it have new feature about multilanguage, but I didn't set it. I tried to desactivate it, which didn't solve my problem. Giving the privilege to change multilanguage don't solve the problem either.

Is there a way to set the default language to fr-FR?

Is there a way those attribute to discard default language?

Also, those attribute are not using Localized text, so not sure why I got this error message.

Any help would be appreciated