8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 9:29 AM by JoeDrwiega

Managed Software List

Apprentice

Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem before?  I'd like to collect some custom registry data however the option to make the policies available to clients is disabled.  I can't find a way to enable this.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 9.46.16 AM.png

Note: We are using LDMS 9.6 SP1.

• 1. Re: Managed Software List
          Apprentice

Hi,

Are you trying this from the Core server console or a remote console?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Managed Software List
            Apprentice

That option is only available from the Core Server Console.

• 3. Re: Managed Software List
              bvansuch Employee

Yep, core server console only.

• 4. Re: Managed Software List
                Apprentice

OK yup, on the core server itself, the button is enabled.  Pushing it seems to do nothing though?

• 5. Re: Managed Software List
                  MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

The button 'publishes' it. Clients will begin to pick this up automatically based on the frequency you have set for inventory scans.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

• 6. Re: Managed Software List
                    Apprentice

Dear Marxtar,

I need guideline on how to use and Managed the Managed Software List in our company (ADIB -UAE ) as we have more than 6000 users with 200 software " core banking software

Note: We are using LDMS 9.5

regards

Ibrahem

• 7. Re: Managed Software List
                      MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Ibrahem,

I'd love to help but this is a huge question that I could spend days writing a response to. It is the sort of thing that either needs a much more specific 'how do I' question or would be something for training or even consultancy.

You could start taking a look at this section : Software License Monitoring

If you have Data Analytics you could also consider it's use : https://community.landesk.com/support/community/systems/data_analytics

Beyond that I'd suggest speaking with your LANDESK ESP who should be able to help out. We offer these types of training and consultancy services but I'm not certain what region you are in.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

• 8. Re: Managed Software List
                        JoeDrwiega SupportEmployee

Be sure you do a FULL Inventory Scan and you can check the Ldappl3.template in your core in LANDesk\MangementSuite\LDLogon and open it in Notepad and search for registry key (particularly your keys). Also be sure to check your Inventory in Configure Services:

About the Unknown inventory items dialog

The Unknown inventory items dialog box (Configure > Services > Inventory tab > Unknown items button) lets you control what new items are added to the inventory database. When the inventory scan runs, it can find objects that are not identified in the database. Because there can be corrupt data or other issues on a managed device, you may not want the new data to be added to the database. This dialog box lists all items that have been found and gives you the option to add the new items to the database, delete them, or block them from ever being added to the database.

• Block unknown inventory items: When this check box is selected, all unknown items are listed here until you choose how to disposition them.
                          • Blocked items: Lists all inventory objects that are not currently in the database. Click one or more items to select them and apply an action.
                          • Allow: Select items and click Allow to add the data to the database. The items will be added to the database and allow it to be processed in future inventory scans.
                          • Delete: Select items and click Delete to remove them from this list only. If the item if found again, it will be listed again. Typically you would delete items that are the result of data corruption and will likely never be found again in a scan.
                          • Ignore: Select items and click Ignore to permanently block them from being added to the database. For performance reasons, the Ignore list should be kept as short as possible. Note that items in this list are permanently ignored; the only way to remove them from the list is to remove them manually from the META_IGNORE table in the inventory database and restart the inventory service.
                          • OK/Cancel: In this dialog box, the OK and Cancel buttons apply only to the Block unknown inventory items check box, not to any actions on blocked items.