1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 12:58 AM by Sebastien.Felix

Can reports be sorted based on descending counts

Apprentice

I have been starting to use the report builder and I am trying to figure out how to take a report that is based on a query and sort the results to create a Pareto chart of values in descending high to low values

I have tried to do this with a report from an LDMS query and from scratch using the custom report builder but I can't figure it out.

I have watched the videos and read the documentation I could find but I have struck out.  I don't want to keep pursuing this if its not possible.

Any thoughts

• 1. Re: Can reports be sorted based on descending counts
          Sebastien.Felix SupportEmployee

hi Carlson,

In order to achieve your goal, you have 2 ways;

1- you need to do it through the SQL query defined in the DataSet showing the values.

Example; "select * from computer order by Computer_Idn ASC" will show a different order than "select * from computer order by Computer_Idn DSC" on the report listing the computers

2- right-click on the top column (see red arrow in the printscreen below) > properties > choose Sorting Tab and from there, I think you will understand. These sorting method supersedes the method I described before.

Untitled.png

I hope it will help,

Good luck, Sebastien.

1 of 1 people found this helpful