9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 3:25 AM by Jenny.Lardh

KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.

Apprentice

Hello all,

I created a query under knowledge management to help people searching through the DB. I put many criteria "prompt by user". One of those is to search by Category - Is equal to Category - prompt user. I use "is equal to category" since I have many category level, and using this option allow me to select first level category and it give all the sublevel category in this main category. This option works pretty well under incident, problem, request. But under Knowledge Management, I got this error when I select any category :

The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.

multi-part-identifier.jpg

When I logged as SA, I don't get this error.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.
          Jenny.Lardh SupportEmployee

Hi,

Do you get this error message when running the Query in Web Desk or Console or both?

To get some more details on this error message, could you follow the below article and then recreate the error message again. This way you will see a "Details" button which will show you a stack trace. Copy and paste the stack trace in to a reply on this thread for us to have a look at.

Show / Hide details button is not showing when an exception is thrown

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 2. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.
            Apprentice

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for looking at it.

Query is not working on Web Desk only but it does work under Web Desk with SA user, so might be something either with permission or language since SA is administrator and english user.

Here is the complete details information:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Pm.Rdb.RdbReader.ExecuteQuery(IDataObjectRef objectRef, Boolean isQuery)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Pm.Rdb.RdbReader.GetNext()

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.ConnectedReader.ExecutePagedQuery(Boolean isReversed, Int32 pageNumber, Int32 pageSize)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.ConnectedReader.ExecutePagedQuery(DataPaging dataPaging)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.ConnectedReader.GetPage(Int32 pageNumber)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Components.Controls.ObjectTableData.CreateObjectTableRows(QueryParameters parameters, IQueryBuilder query, IList`1 rows)

at Touchpaper.Framework.Components.Controls.ObjectTableData.CreateObjectTableData()

at Touchpaper.Framework.Components.Controls.ObjectTableData.GetObjectTableRows()

at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Controllers.DataController.CreateTableList(QueryParameters parameters, String id, Boolean createPopups, Boolean addNewAttributeColumn)

at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Controllers.DataController.CreateTableList(QueryParameters parameters)

at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Controllers.QueryController.RunQueryToList(QueryParameters parameters, Boolean saveHistory, String gadgetID)

at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Controllers.QueryController.RunQueryTo(QueryParameters parameters, Boolean saveHistory, String gadgetID)

at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Controllers.QueryController.List()

at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )

at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<>c__DisplayClass39.b__33()
              at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49()
              at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49()
              at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
              at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<>c__DisplayClass2a.b__20()
              at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Thank you!

• 3. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.

Hi,

I have found that this is a known problem:

5804 - ""The multi-part identifier "Tx.tps_guid" could not be bound" error on queries Is Primary Group and using localisation"

According to my records this was patched for 7.6.2 and fixed in our 7.7 version of Service Desk.

Could you confirm which version you are currently on?

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 5. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.

Hi,

If you are on our 7.8.3 beta version then I would suggest to log this on our beta portal, if this is not an issue that you are also getting on an already released version.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 6. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.
                  Apprentice

Oh sorry, my mistake, it's 7.8.2 . I'm on the latest version. Not working on beta.

• 7. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.

Hi,

Thank you for clarifying this. You say that you don't get this error message when you log in as SA. I assume that SA will have a default base culture set. What culture does the user that is getting this error message have? Do you translate the Category criteria according to the culture?

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 8. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.
                      Apprentice

User use French (France) translation.

I don't use Localized Text for Category.

Maybe I should add, I use Incident Category everywhere. Rather to manage my category to every management (problem, request, knowledge), I do a one-to-one relation with Category under other management. Works fine with problem and request, don't know why I got this error under knowledge. Well, actually I got a lot of weird error under knowledge management since patch 7.8.2 (like the error : You cannot change localised attributes, because you are not using the default language). Don't know if those errors are all link together.

• 9. Re: KM Query - The multi-part identifier "T17.im_guid" could not be bound.

Hi,

At this stage I would suggest that you log this with your LANDESK support provider for them to be able to look at this a bit more closer.

Kind Regards,

Jenny