3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 10:14 AM by Bonesdoll

Flash Player

Apprentice

Hi All

I have currently started patching using Patch Manager

We are currently showing various version of Flash player being installed from V10 to the latest V18.

Our intention to have all machine on the latest version,

Question "is there a need to patch all detected versions incrementally, or should LANDesk be able to patch all detected versions to the latest version

Thanks 

• 1. Re: Flash Player
          Henk Hillaert Employee

There is no patch that brings it directly to the last  version.

If you take a look at the Properties of one of the patches, you can see what versions a specific patch will affect.

You want to put little manual effort into your patch action, I would update Flash using Patch Management. I guess you have noticed the downloads are to be done manually  for each version.

Personally I would create a query to find all devices not on the last version and use it to first uninstall followed by a installation of the latest Flash Player using Software distribution.

Hope this helps.

Henk

• 2. Re: Flash Player
            Apprentice

Strange way of doing things, but that was the concussion I came to

Thanks

Steve

• 3. Re: Flash Player
              Apprentice

It appears that this can be done after all.....  

henk hillaert wrote:

There is no patch that brings it directly to the last  version.

If you take a look at the Properties of one of the patches, you can see what versions a specific patch will affect.

You want to put little manual effort into your patch action, I would update Flash using Patch Management. I guess you have noticed the downloads are to be done manually  for each version.

Personally I would create a query to find all devices not on the last version and use it to first uninstall followed by a installation of the latest Flash Player using Software distribution.

Hope this helps.

Henk

From LANDesk Support

regarding your question of flash player, you can "disable replaced rules" (under the patch and compliance, second icon from the right site of the toolbar), this will superseded previous versions , disabling patches of previous versions and on this case you can patch with the latest one .

Good news