3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 7:25 AM by MrGadget

Intel Management software for Vpro Install Problem

MrGadget Expert

Using Landesk 9.6 SP2

When using Landesk 9.0 and I think 9.5 base, we have one HII image made off a laptop that used the MEI version 6 and our desktops are running version 5 but the image worked for both on vpro.

I believe in 9.5 SP? there was some changes made in Landesk to do with VPro. Ever since then our HII image kills vpro on our desktops.In other words the version of Intel Management on our image will not work on the desktops, I have to reinstall the version of Intel Management that will work for the desktops.

How do others handle the difference in the MEI versions of Vpro? Do you have a Provisioning Template for each version to install the correct Intel Management?

• 1. Re: Intel Management software for Vpro Install Problem
          nick.evans SupportEmployee

It sounds like you have MEI drivers in use with HII, correct?

If HII is pairing the MEI driver to the device, that would indicate Windows gave a reasonable match on hardware ID for HII to match the v6 driver even if the device is using v5.

If the driver is being paired, but isn't working, I would recommend trying driver assignment and assigning the v5 driver for hardware in your desktops. That should effectively give them the driver they are looking for, since they don't like the newer version driver your laptops are using.

• 2. Re: Intel Management software for Vpro Install Problem
            MrGadget Expert

I have the drivers in HII for both desktop and laptops.

I tried assigning the drivers for the desktops but when I pull up the intel management engine software under Programs it still shows the mei as not installed. I did not get time to check the HiiClient log yet to see if they got the correct drivers. I will check tomorrow and report back here.

• 3. Re: Intel Management software for Vpro Install Problem
              MrGadget Expert

I have assigned the correct drivers to the Model but that doesn't work. HIIClient.log shows its getting the correct drivers.

The Intel Management software has to be installed by a setup.exe to work correctly.

I added a second HII action in Configuration to install the Intel Management software which you tie to a specific model and OS. This worked.