4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 6:21 AM by v.taillet

Script to replicate only one share ?

v.taillet Apprentice

Hello,

I have more than 100 content replication tasks, and i want to replicate only one source path.
      In UI console, i can right clic/start content repication only on selected source path, but how to do the same with a scheduled tasks or a batch ?

A scheduled task replicate all sources for the specified target, this is not a solution.

I found in C:\ProgramData\vulScan\FileReplicationSettings.xml (found on client) that each source has a ID, but I don't know which switch can be used with vulscan.exe to put with.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Script to replicate only one share ?
          SupportEmployee

Hi,

You can actually schedule the content replication using the console. When you right click on the Preferred Server in the Content Replication window.

If you want to have a script that does it, then we would recommend that you use something like a batch file or powershell script that uses Robocopy.

Unfortunately, we are not able to deliver you such a script as we already have an integrated feature for it.

I know though that you can ask for Professional Services if you want them to implement it for you.

• 2. Re: Script to replicate only one share ?
            v.taillet Apprentice

Hello

In others words : in content replication / pending tasks, when you right clic on a task, you can launch it manually.

-> What exactly is the executed command ? (vulscan.exe /..........)

• 3. Re: Script to replicate only one share ?
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Open task manager on the machine that will perform the replication. In the processes tab add a colum. that show command line (this may be via View or by right-clicking the columns depending on OS version).

Now from the core manually initiate the replication.

If there is a command line that you can use then you should be able to see it in task manager. I can't get access to check any of this out right now but this might do the trick. Hopefully it is a single command.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

• 4. Re: Script to replicate only one share ?
                v.taillet Apprentice

Hi Mark,

Great help !! Thanks to that, I saw that the switch /sources exist

So i have modified the script to :

REMEXEC1=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\Vulscan.exe<qt/> /replicate /replicationbehavior=default /sources="24" /taskid=%TASKID%, STATUS

Thank you